About Healthy Monadnock
Healthy Monadnock is a community engagement initiative designed to foster and sustain a positive culture of health throughout the Monadnock Region. The initiative is overseen by the Leadership Council for Healthy Monadnock, a group of 30+ individuals representing schools, organizations, coalitions, and businesses, of which Cheshire Medical Center is a member.
The Leadership Council for Healthy Monadnock invites community members to advance our shared vision of optimal health and wellness for all in the Monadnock Region through three basic types of engagement:
Aligned Efforts: creating environments and leveraging capabilities to support the shared goals of Healthy Monadnock
Supportive Contributions: dedicating resources to advance the mission of Healthy Monadnock
Collaborative Involvement: engaging in partnerships to create opportunities for movement toward our shared goals.
How does Cheshire support the Healthy Monadnock initiative?
In addition to being a Healthy Monadnock Organizational Champion, supporting health and wellness within our organization, Cheshire Medical Center, as one of several partners of Healthy Monadnock, extends our efforts into the community in a variety of ways.
Cheshire’s aligned efforts:
- Prescribe for Health Program
- Tobacco Cessation Program
- Free Health and Wellness Programs
- Mothers in Recovery Program
- Employee Wellness Programs
- Medication Assistance Program
- Diabetes Care Network
- Senior Passport Discount Meal Program
- Free breast and cervical cancer screenings for under and uninsured women
- Free skin cancer screenings for under and uninsured individuals
- Fresh salad bar at reduced cost in the Art Nichols Café
- Monthly Farmer’s Market
Cheshire’s supportive contributions:
The Center for Population Health (CPH) at Cheshire Medical Center provides infrastructure and staff support to:
- Leadership Council for Healthy Monadnock
- Healthy Monadnock Champions program
- The Greater Monadnock Public Health Network
Cheshire’s collaborative involvement:
- Cheshire Diabetes Prevention Program
- Family Resource Counselor
- Sports Medicine Athletic Trainers Program
- Cheshire Walkers Program
Click on the infographic below to view larger, or About Healthy Monadnock for a printable PDF.
Learn more about Healthy Monadnock at healthymonadnock.org.